Sanitary protocol: travel with complete peace of mind at Le Haut Dick Campsite.
We are delighted to welcome you to our campsite this summer.
To ensure your freedom throughout your holiday, and following recent government announcements, all adults over 18 must present a health pass, once, on arrival at the campsite.
It may be in digital or paper format.
This pass allows you access to all of the campsite’s facilities and activities throughout the duration of your stay.
If you live outside of France:
- Non-vaccinated people (fully vaccinated), must present a negative PCR test or antigen test carried out less than 72 hours before departure.
- Non-vaccinated people travelling from the United Kingdom, Portugal, Cyprus, Netherlands and Greece, must carry out a test less than 24 hours before departure.
- To ensure we all enjoy this summer holiday together, please be careful and continue to carry out preventative measures.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you require further information.
The protocols put in place
In order to adapt to the singular context we live in, the Flower Group has implemented a drastic sanitary protocol to guarantee you a holiday with complete peace of mind.
In collaboration with medical toxicologists who are experts in health risks, the Flower Group has drawn up a health charter, “Flower Safe +”, in accordance with government recommendations and even going beyond them in our protocols.
These strict sanitary measures aim to guarantee the highest standards of reception and hygiene for your future stays.
Flower Campsites makes the following commitments:
- Strict application of government and health authority measures in the fight against COVID-19.
- Implementation of differentiated reception with specific and simplified arrangements for arrivals/departures. And if possible, no more need to go through reception to collect your keys.
- Reinforced hygiene and cleanliness protocols, with an intensification of cleaning and disinfection of rental properties, but also of common areas. Increased hygiene ensured at all frequent points of contact.
- Appropriate signage (floor markings, displays, etc.) for the correct application of the physical distance.
- Encouragement of contactless and remote payments wherever possible.
- Provision of hydroalcoholic gel and/or liquid soap in all common areas.
- Disinfectant products for household use available in the sanitary facilities.
- Appointment of a COVID-19 referent per establishment, responsible for implementing the guidelines.
- Transparent communication on all COVID-19 prevention measures.
- Appointment of a “sanitary manager” per establishment, to check the implementation of the controls and checks of the Flower COVID-19 guide.